§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using the website www.biesterfeld.com. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) Responsible for data protection is: Biesterfeld AG, Ferdinandstraße 41, 20095 Hamburg, Germany
(3) The contact details of the data protection officer: privacy(at)biesterfeld.com.
§ 2 Information on the type and purposes of processing and recipients of personal data
(1) Through the website www.biesterfeld.com we process various types of personal data for various purposes:
(a) Collection of personal data in case of informational use
(1) When using the website for information purposes only (i.e. when you do not log in, register or otherwise provide us with information), we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data transmitted by your browser to enable you to visit the website. This data includes:
- ip address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access Status/HTTP Status Code
- The amount of data transferred in each case
- The website from which the request was sent
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk connected the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the website that sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this Internet offer is stored on the server of the provider in Germany. The IP address is saved after processing for seven days. It isn´t made anonymous before it is stored.
- Transient Cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent Cookies (limited time use)
- Third-Party Cookies (from third parties)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies, for example. However, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
(3) This information stored with the help of cookies is stored separately from any other data we may have collected. In particular, the data in the cookies are not linked to your other data.
(b) Collection of personal data when using the contact form
The personal data that you provide us in the context of this contact request will only be used to answer your inquiry or contact you and for the associated technical administration. These data are not transmitted to third parties. Providing personal data in addition to your name and e-mail address is voluntary.
In addition to the rights described in § 3, you have the right to revoke your permission at any time with effect for the future. In this case your personal data collected within the context of the contact form will be deleted in conformity with data protection. Your personal data will also be deleted without your revocation once we have processed your request.
§ 3 Your rights
(1) You have the right to request information from us at any time and free of charge about the personal data stored by us, as well as the origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom this personal data is transmitted and the purpose of storage.
(2) You also have the right to request that your personal data be corrected, deleted or restricted at any time. In addition, you have the right to data transferability. Furthermore, you have the right of appeal to the competent supervisory authority at any time.
(3) You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us at any time.
(4) If you have given us your permission to use your personal data, you can revoke your permission at any time without giving any reasons.
(5) If you wish to assert the above rights, please contact us by e-mail to privacy(at)biesterfeld.com or in writing to the address stated under § 1 para. 2.
(6) By using the contact form or sending an e-mail to our contact address and entering your (contact) data, these data, which also include personal data, are forwarded to us and stored. These data will not be passed on by us without your permission. Vielmehr verwenden wir diese Daten ausschließlich zur Bearbeitung Ihrer Anfrage Rather, we use this data exclusively to process your inquiry. After sending the completed contact form, the feedback or the sent e-mail, you can object to this use of data at any time without stating reasons and revoke your permission to use this data.
§ 4 Data Security
We maintain up-to-date technical measures to guarantee data security, in particular to protect your personal data from the dangers of data transmission and that third parties do not become aware of them. These are adapted to the current state of the art in each case.
§ 5 Storage Duration
§ 6 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. "("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files stored on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will shorten your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptions will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website and Internet use.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not matched with other Google data.
(4) You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This shortens the processing of IP addresses and prevents direct personal reference.
(6) Google Analytics is used in accordance with the conditions on which the German data protection authorities have agreed with Google. Third Party Information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
§ 7 Use of Google Maps
§ 8 Use of Google Fonts
§ 9 Newsletter distribution of the German subsidiaries
(1) Our newsletters are sent out for informational and marketing purposes. We would like to inform you about new features, modifications and offers relating to our services in the newsletter.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for the subscription to our newsletter. This means that, once you have specified your e-mail address, we send you a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address provided asking you to confirm that you would like to be sent the newsletter. If you do not provide confirmation within 24 hours, your subscription will be automatically deleted. If you confirm by clicking on the link, we will store your e-mail address and your first name and surname until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. The sole purpose of storing this information is to send you the newsletter. We also store your IP address and the time of subscription and confirmation in order to prevent any misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only required information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of other data, identified accordingly during the data collection process, is voluntary and said data is only used by us for the purpose of customising the newsletter. This data is also erased in full when you unsubscribe from the newsletter. Once you have confirmed, we will store your e-mail address and any information voluntarily provided for the purpose of sending out the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
(4) By subscribing to the newsletter, you give your consent for the data provided by you to be saved and processed. You may revoke your consent at any time with future effect. You can revoke said consent by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, using the contact form on the website, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a message to the contact details provided in the Legal Notice. The data provided by you will not be forwarded to third parties.
(5) You also have the right to free information about your stored data and to object to the same, as well as, where applicable, the right to rectify, block or erase said data.
(6) The newsletter is sent out through the service provider Newsletter2go GmbH, Nürnberger Straße 8, 10787 Berlin (contract data processing). The data you provide when you subscribe to the newsletter is stored on the servers of Newsletter2Go GmbH in Germany. Newsletter2Go GmbH processes this information for the sole purpose of ensuring the proper dispatch of the newsletter and analysing this dispatch service on our behalf. Newsletter2go GmbH may also use this data to optimise or improve its own services, e.g. for the technical optimisation of dispatch. Newsletter2Go GmbH does not forward your data to third parties. Newsletter2Go GmbH provides us with analytical tools that allow statements to be made on the performance of the newsletter dispatch. Newsletter2Go GmbH uses services including Google Analytics for this purpose. We are only interested in the statistical results that these analyses yield, for example how many subscribers read our newsletter and which links are clicked on. We do not conduct analyses that can be attributed to individuals. You can read the Newsletter2Go GmbH data protection policy here.
§ 10 Development
The current version of this data protection declaration: 24 April 2019