Within the Biesterfeld Group, adherence to applicable laws and the group’s internal guidelines as well as the resulting lawful and honourable behaviour are top priorities. We are therefore implementing a whistle-blower system (named 'B Honest') designed to allow anonymous reporting of any grievances, criminal behaviour or special risks within the company. The system should protect the company from any behaviour with potentially detrimental consequences.
Anyone - both employees and business partners - can use the system to submit notifications of infringements and offences contrary to the company's interests on the following subjects:
- Corruption / Anti-competitive practices
- Incorrect accounts
- Money laundering
- Fraud / breach of trust / embezzlement
- Violation of Data Privacy Laws
- Violation of occupational health and safety regulations (discrimination or harassment)
- Potential damages / risks to the disadvantage of the company or a third party
Possible violations at Biesterfeld, its business partners or their supply chain
- Human rights violations
- Hazard / Violations of environmental protection regulations
For all other concerns
- I am looking for advice / Compliance Office
The Biesterfeld Group's compliance department monitors the system and follows up on incoming reports. Depending on the subject area, other area managers will be called in if necessary. All information provided by the whistleblower will be treated confidentially throughout the entire process.
The notification process consists of four steps:
- Users are first asked to read an information message on protection of anonymity and to answer a security query.
- On the next page, they are then asked to specify the subject of the notification.
- They can formulate the notification in their own words on the submission page, and then answer some questions about the issue using simple multiple-choice selections. When the notification has been submitted, the sender receives a reference number as confirmation.
- A special protected mailbox is then created to provide feedback.
Biesterfeld adheres to the EU Whistleblower Directive and therefore the provisions for the protection of whistleblowers.
- Anonymity: Whistleblowers have the right to keep their identity secret. For this reason, Biesterfeld uses 'B Honest' from Business Keeper AG for its whistleblower system. Using the latest security and encryption technologies, whistleblowers can submit reports anonymously and securely. As long as no data is entered that allows conclusions to be drawn about the person, the BKMS® system technically protects anonymity.
- Protection from reprisals: The law prohibits any form of disadvantage, discrimination or retaliation against the whistleblower. Employers must not impose any negative consequences such as dismissal or transfer.
- Confidentiality: The reported information and the identity of the whistleblower are subject to absolute confidentiality. The authorities and institutions entrusted with the whistleblower system are obligated to keep this information confidential.
- Support and counselling: Whistleblowers are entitled to support and counselling during the entire process. Resources are provided to assist whistleblowers with submitting the report and asserting their rights.