History of Schütz & Co.
Since its foundation in 1892, the Hamburg-based enterprise Schütz & Co. (GmbH & Co. KG) has developed from a trader in commodities to an internationally qualified partner in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry.
The corporate history of Schütz & Co. (GmbH & Co. KG), dating back 125 years, is characterized by the continual development of commercial relations, the opening up of new markets and business areas, and the expansion of skills.
The infrastructure is built on our Management System for Quality and Security and the consistent implementation and improvement thereof.
- Akquisition by Biesterfeld Group
- Transfer of company's shares of Schutz Dishman Biotech Ltd. to Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals Ltd.
- EU Database, API Registrations, Registration No. DE_HH_01_Reg_2016_0016
- Compliance with EU-GDP-Guideline for APIs
- AEO-F (Authorized Economic Operator), C-TPAT (U.S. - CBP registered)
- Good Distribution Practice (GDP) certification
- Distribution partner for Meggle Wasserburg GmbH
- Authorized Exporter
- CEP for Chlorhexidine Digluconate Solution and 2009 CEP for Guaifenesin
- Introduction of a Quality Management System according to DIN EN ISO 9001, based on ICH Q 7 A, EU-GMP Part II and AMG (German Pharmaceuticals Act)
- DIN EN ISO 9001 certification, Notification pursuant to Article 67 of AMG (Directive 2001/83/EC, Article 52a,effective from 01.02.2013) for distribution and storage of active ingredients for pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Qualification & technology transfer to Fontarome Chemicals Inc. USA, since 2014 Apiscent Labs, LLC.
- Foundation of Schutz Dishman Biotech Pvt. Ltd., India, production of active pharmaceutical ingredients
1950 – 1980
- Foundation of production companies for pharmaceutical raw materials: 1950 Dr. Schuler & Lange, Hamburg, 1960 Loftus Bryan Chemicals Ltd., Ireland, 1980 sale to Schering Plough Inc. USA.
- Worldwide trade: expansion of the distribution of chemical products, first-time cooperation with japanese as supplier
- Distribution network: establishment & development of contacts with major factories in the liquor and pharmaceutical industry.
- Foundation of Schütz & Co. (GmbH & Co. KG), Hamburg, trading in natural products and chemical raw materials